So here I was settling down after a back to back challenge and award, when all of a sudden another award came my way. This is the Wakuwafu award, created by the blog of the same name. Here’s the link for you guys: Wakuwafu
A big thanks to Zaktaku of The Anime Analyst for nominating me for this award. Let the proceedings commence.
Rules and Regulations
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Choose any 3 things you would like to say about yourself to your fellow bloggers.
- Think up 3 questions you would like to ask the people you nominate.
- Give one piece of advice to your fellow bloggers.
- Make sure to tell us over here that you have been nominated (and/ or completed the award) so that we can put your blog up on the WakuWafu page! Make sure to put down your blog in the comments section!
The Questions 3 Asked of Me:
- Why did you start blogging?
I spent a fair amount of time watching passionate people make great reviews and videos about the things they liked. Then I started to write some reviews for myself, just private projects for me to put my thoughts down on paper. Then after watching more passionate people say more interesting things I thought “Fuck it, I’m one of those passionate people and I’m tired of just talking to myself”, so I started a blog.
- If you were making a time capsule, what anime would you preserve for the people who opened it?
This is a really tough question, there are so many to like and only one to save. I would probably end up preserving Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, because our future youth needs to see how awesome we were back in the day.
- Where would you go if you could be anywhere in existence?
Another tough question. I think I’d go back in time to let’s say Rome, right after the Coliseum was built. I’d love to see what the world of antiquity looked like at the height of its glory.
3 Mysteries of my Person Revealed:
- I once played Halo 3 with a Pro StarCraft 2 player and won the round.
- I have a pair of buoys in my backyard because my friends and I stole them from a nearby lake when the water was super low a few years ago.
- I actually tried out kendo for a little while in an attempt to be more otaku-ish without resorting to cosplaying, fanfic or blogging.
My Sagely Advice to Other Bloggers:
Effort pays off, so even when you feel like nothing is going your way, don’t be discouraged and throw your all into your work. Back when I first started blogging I had no hits for the first few days and then like 1 or 2 for the next couple. But regardless of the results I wrote 2 posts a day for 2 weeks straight. And now I’m on my third award nomination, I consistently get a decent number of hits and I’ve met a bunch of cool bloggers who give me support. Hard work pays off, even when the results don’t happen right away, people will notice the effort and you will be rewarded.
- What is your favorite genre of anime and why?
- What character or group of characters do you hate most?
- If you were suddenly attacked by an unarmed stranger and had the chance to grab one fruit or vegetable to defend yourself with, what would your food of choice be and how would you use it?